Thursday, May 05, 2005

What the Bleep! do We Know?

A friend recently recommended that I watch a movie etitled, "What the Bleep! do We Know? I rented it and sat down with low expectations. From the moment the movie began, I was captivated. To describe the movie in a sentence is impossible. So given my propensity for attempting the impossible, here goes. "What the Bleep! do We Know?" is a movie that attempts to describe how the theory of quantum physics intersects with everyday life. The story is a series of interviews with noted scientists and authors (including the new age channeller JZ Knight) interspersed in the midst of a narrative of a photographer going about her daily routine and running into the many of the physical anomalies about which the scientists speak.

The more we know about the random and mysterious character of the physical world, the more confusing our enlightenment attempts to manage the world become. In the end, the movie left me with a sense of hopefulness that we are capable of much more than we even think or imagine. After viewing "What the Bleep! do We Know", I'm more convinced than ever that my answer to this question is, "I don't know much." Perhaps that's the way it should be.

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger vainjangler said...

I couldn't stand this movie. I had high expectations and ended up turning it off halfway through because it seemed so ridiculous. Does it really get better toward the end, or is it just more of the same pop-physics and techno music?

BTW, I got here from here.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Barb Hungerford said...

Is brad boydston a friend of yours?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger vainjangler said...

Yes, I'm a member of the church he pastors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home